April 05, 2022 3:00 PMOnline
This panel is convened in celebration of the release of a special dossier in Studies in Spanish and Latin American Cinemas.
Livestreamed at New Approaches to Mexican Cinema.
• Ana M. López, Tulane University
• Carolyn Fornoff, Assistant Professor of Spanish and Portuguese, University of Illinois
• Olivia Cosentino, Postdoctoral Fellow, Tulane University
• Thomas Matusiak, Postdoctoral Fellow, Dartmouth College
• Edgardo Tormos, Lecturer, Boston University
• Adela Pineda Franco, Director, Teresa Lozano Long Institute of Latin American Studies (LLILAS)
By addressing the limits of the national as the organizing principle in the study of cultures in the era of neoliberalism and globalization, this dossier’s contributions approach the study of Mexican film within the context of major theoretical turns affecting film and cultural studies. Rather than surveying the whole spectrum of Mexican film history and criticism, these articles provide potential avenues for further research from particular focal points and through specific case studies.
Free and open to the public. To RSVP and receive event updates via Facebook, visit New Approaches to Mexican Cinema.
For more information, contact Paloma Díaz.